Friday, June 16, 2006

Open letter to Russell T Davies

Dear Russell,

Much to the detriment of my long-term standing over at Barbelith, I have sought out the rumors and half-truths surrounding Billie Piper's returning to season three Doctor Who. Well, sir, imagine my surprise when I read this article and this one as well. My sainted stars, that is a tragedy! But sir, might I recommend another way of giving the Doctor a Companion? Has there ever been in the history of the Doctor an American Companion?

(I hear the armies of the faithful light their torches and come for me.)

Think about it! The possibility! A different perspective on the Universe other than the beloved British one. It also gives you a chance to put us Americans in our place via the scripts, if you should so choose.

Imagine: the Doctor wandering around Hyde Park, thinking about the loss of Rose, when he bumps into a young woman who is very clearly lost. Her bewilderment and lack of articulation amuse the Doctor; so much that when she says, "I'm lost. Can you help me (insert landmark here)?" With that brilliant goofy grin of his he replies, "Oh, I could! But would you like to see something even better?" And off he leads her to the TARDIS.

Just my 2p, sir. Or at the very least, make sure the new Companion doesn't start out strong and end up a screaming mess.

Yours very sincerely,

Kali

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home