Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Don't tell anyone I told you, but...

...I sometimes like really cheesy pop music. I discovered this a year or so ago when I had to get up at, like, 5:30 every other morning. (Which I still have to do every now and again.) I didn't know that the only time MTV and VH-1 are legally allowed to show videos--MUSIC videos, no less--are between the hours of five a.m. and ten a.m. Color me shocked, surprised, and deep down, a little pleased.

And thus begins my education in the shameful knowledge of contemporary pop music.

You name it, I've probably hummed it and then feigned ignorance when you asked me what I was humming. I've sat down and watched the video and enjoyed it, all behind closed doors. And if I had the ability to download music, I probably would have so I could place it on mix CDs no one but me will ever hear.

So here are the top three audio guilty pleasures I keep enjoying this time out:

* "Move Along," All American Rejects --- I'm sorry but this shit is catchy as hell. I mean, it's really catchy. And it doesn't hurt that Tyson Ritter is one of the prettiest boys I have ever seen.

* "A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More Touch Me," Fall Out Boy -- I admit I'm kind of getting tired of every single new emo-punk band out there trying to outdo themselves and others by making every single freakin' track title so wordy and deep.(Hawthorne Heights, I'm looking at you.) Still, this song is pretty fun. I like the video too; it has vampires...and choreographed dancing.

* "Confidence (For You I Will)," Teddy Geiger -- Just another example of a pretty boy with a guitar and a need to sing about unrequited love. Dude, you're seventeen, at that age all love is unrequited! Still, it's a sweet ballad.

Listen, if it's between these cheese-tastic gems and the Weather Channel, I'll take...wait, you know, I LIKE the Weather Channel. No excuses then, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home