Saturday, May 13, 2006

British hip-hop makes me hot.

The best thing about taking a small roadtrip is getting to listen to CDs you've been meaning to get around to, but haven't for some reason or another. And it's even better when it's a CD you nicked from Aurora Coffee.

Nothing sounds as good as stolen music, people. It's like mother's milk. Anyway, on route to South Carolina, I blasted The Streets' newest CD, The Hardest Way to Make An Easy Living. It's freaking brilliant. I've already forgotten what they call this type of hip-hop in the UK--you know, Dizzee Rascal and Lady Sov and all that--but to me, it's much more interesting than American hip-hop. (Is it the accent thing? I guess.) Mike Skinner was just a boy from the council flats and this CD details his ascent and subsequent fall. The only thing I need clarified for me is this piece of Brit drug slang: what exactly is "prang"? From I can gather it sounds like coke or meth. You English people, help me out.

So the new Streets' album is my pick o' the week. It's tight, well-written, and if you're an Anglophile like me, you probably still won't understand half of what he's saying.

Last night: "The Doctor Dances" episode of Doctor Who. Captain Jack coming on all tarty to both the Doctor and Rose. The Doctor displaying his dance moves. And being cross with weird nanogenetic creatures. *sigh* Continuing to win his way into my heart.....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ey yo! its called grime!!! and it seems prang is coke.

-mizz.

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home